Not all air compressors require oil, however, if your one requires it, guarantee that it is having an appropriate level of lube before operating.
Without compressor oil, an air compressor is going to operate under its capacity. It can likewise put pressure on its metal parts which can cause the machine to fail.
On hot summertime days when temperature levels skyrocket, oil can shed its thickness, stopping the compressor from providing proper lubrication to all internal components.
During winter, dampness additionally can get into the oil, causing a thickened sludge that can trigger engine damages.
If you want to do a serious repair of your air compressor, contact fluid-aire dynamics.
HOW TO CHECK AIR COMPRESSOR OIL
To check your oil-injected air compressor’s oil level, here’s what you need to do:
- Make certain that all equipment is disconnected from the power source.
- Search for dirt or foreign things as well as particles that may have got involved in the crankcase.
- Put your air compressor on a level surface area as well as remove the fill cap.
- Step the quantity of the oil with a dipstick, which ought to not exceed the rest between the bottom, as well as top marks for the view glass.
HOW TO CHANGE AIR COMPRESSOR OIL
If upon evaluation, you locate that it’s time to alter the oil of the air compressor, or might be the oil compressor has completed the 500 hours to 1000 hours of utilization mark, therefore, here’s the thing you require to do.
- Fill up the crankcase with your manufacturer’s suggested oil, but to the level showed over.
- Locate a collection container below the drain cap, as well as then loosen up the drain cap to permit the utilized oil to drain out. As soon as done, secure the drainpipe cap with the use of a device.
REPLACE THE AIR FILTER
Using an air compressor day-to-day means that the air filter will easily accumulate dirt as well as particles, which will influence the efficiency of your equipment.
To transform the air filter, as well as keep your compressor’s optimum performance, here’s what you should do.
HOW TO ADJUSTMENT AN AIR COMPRESSOR FILTER
- See to it the compressor has cooled down and afterward remove the old filter air via removing the top of the filter as well as the base.
- Affix a new filter on the filter base prior to screwing the filter top back once more and securing the filter.
- Inspect the base for dirt, as well as various other impurities that might have been entrapped in between the holes. Utilize a blower to guarantee everything is removed.